Thursday, April 12, 2012

Coconut Oil, Inside and Outside

I've been reading some lately about the benefits of coconut oil, both as a topical skin moisturizer and as a diet supplement. I won't go into all that now (but click here for the gist). Today, I made a trek to the natural foods store and picked up the ingredients for homemade whipped coconut oil body moisturizer. It turned out really well, and I'm definitely going to start using it on a daily basis to moisturize face and body and remove makeup.


2 comments:

  1. That's pretty sweet. Is it thrifty?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depends where you find your coconut oil. It's probably cheaper at places other than Nature's Garden, but I wanted to make sure I had a quality product the first time. Vitamin E oil and essential oils aren't cheap, but once you have them, they will last a long time. Not counting those inittial costs, a batch is about $6. Taking into account the quality of what you're getting, it's not too bad.

    ReplyDelete