Sunday, February 24, 2013

A Short Doughnut Rant

I need to have a few words with the cooking community.

I'm all into eating healthy. I get it. I'm eating more vegetables and fewer carbs too, and I try not to have too much dessert.

But let's get something straight here.

You've all been posting recipes for... (pardon me, I need to psych myself up in order to type such a blatant oxymoron)...

baked doughnuts.

Ignoring the plain fact that a doughnut, by very definition, is a ring of dough fried in fat or oil.

I know, I hear you. You want a doughnut; you just don't want it deep-fried.

But I would submit to you, then, that what you want IS NOT A DOUGHNUT, SO STOP FREAKING CALLING IT THAT. YOU ARE MAKING A CUPCAKE WITH A HOLE IN IT.

It's good I didn't see any recipes for baked fastnachts or beignets on Fat Tuesday, or I would have really lost my mind.

Now that I've officially established myself as a total snot, I'll just end with this, in all its rightful deep-fried glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment